I get asked a lot about my favorite self-care tips and tricks and how I make the time for self-care when I’m so busy. So, I created this list of five simple self-care ideas for busy women. These are the exact 5 things that I do as much as I can throughout my week and I want to share them with you.
I personally think that when it comes to self-care, it is something that we need to make more of a priority in our lives as women. It’s impossible to fully show up for those that you love and care for as well as your own goals and dreams when you’re not taking care of yourself.
So, let’s dive into the five things that I do for self-care each week.
Before we dive in, I want you to know that these things are not meant to be hard to do. I am just like you. I don’t always have 3-hours in the bathtub to soak to practice self-care. In fact, I rarely have that. Somedays, I only have 10-15 minutes before I have to get to work. Okay, here’s my list…
My Daily Self-Care Things To Do
- Get Up Earlier: This doesn’t have to be over complicated. It can be 15-minutes before everyone else gets up to just work on something that you want. I like to get up about an hour before everyone else does and I’ll spend that time working out, journaling, and getting myself ready.
- Journal: I like to do what is called Future Pacing journaling every day where I write about my goals as if they’ve already happened so that I can work backward on actually making them happen. Journaling is powerful but don’t fall into the trap of writing down everything negative. That does nothing for you! Write positive things.
- Workout: I’m not the best at this but I’m working on it. Right now, I’m going through the 30 Day Workout Challenge using this app here and so far so good. But, honestly taking care of your body and health should be a huge priority so that you can show up for what you want.
- Spend Time on Skincare: I might be biased but this is important. When I take care of my skin I am more confident and I show up bolder and a lot more. And, I truly believe that falling in love with the woman who is looking back at you in the mirror is priceless. If you don’t have skincare products that you love, check out the shop and what we have to offer.
- Read A Book: I love to read books and do it daily and throughout the day. I read a mix of business books, self-help books, and urban fiction literature. Having the Kindle and Audible apps have been game changers because I can easily access my books and get an unlimited number of them. Definitely get into those apps ASAP.
Remember, self-care is important! You should never feel like everyone else is on your list but you and that everyone else is more important. Seriously, getting the laundry done every day shouldn’t be more important than getting to spend time working on you and what you need.
I hope that these ideas inspire you to find what works for you and has encouraged you to spend more time taking care of yourself first. I want you to realize that self-care and taking care of you doesn’t have to be extravagant or take you a lot of time to get them done.
What are you favorite self-care ideas?